Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Viva Las Vegas!

Got a great phone call in the studio this morning from a loyal listener of ours, Cindy, who heard about my trip to Vegas this summer and decided to take her first trip there too. For those who didn't hear it when we talked about it on the air, I really had no desire to ever visit Las Vegas. I'm more an outdoorsy/nature kind of person. But my best friend has been wanting to go for years, and finally convinced me to try it. And I must say that for a New York City girl who isn't easily impressed by big city life, Vegas really was worth seeing. There was so much to do and see without having to spend a lot of money that even for someone on a budget it can be affordable. I'd also highly recommend flying out of AC instead of Newark, which made the trip that much easier. We stayed at the Venetian, which was incredible (and so were the spa services and the seven pools) and checked out all the fun that every hotel had to offer just by walking through the lobbies. The buffets were great. And, of course, for two "80's" girls in Vegas, we topped it off with Thunder From Down Under!

No comments: