Wednesday, October 31, 2007

The Problem Of Halloween Candy

Not sure which route to take with the Halloween candy. I can either (a) tell the kids they have to brush their teeth each time they eat another piece of candy, which hopefully would discourage them from eating too much, (b) let them have only Halloween Evening to eat whatever candy they want, then throw out the trick-or-treat bags and remaining candy after they go to sleep, or (c) ration one piece of candy a day for a month or until it's gone. One listener called in this morning to tell me I should try to give my kids fruit and veggie snacks before Trick-Or-Treating so they won't be too hungry for candy, but I can tell you right now that no matter how ideal that sounds, the second I pick them up from school they're going to be ready to start knocking on doors and won't want to stop for a banana or carrot stick! Happy Halloween!

No comments: