Monday, October 8, 2007

Spooktacular Sunday Night

I didn't realize just what a big deal it was or how few and far between the good ones are, but I took the boys on a Haunted Hayride last night at Casola Farms on Rt. 34 in Holmdel. They had a blast. Of course it's dark, and they send you through a corn maze and haunted house, each filled with ghouls, and then you get on the hay ride and not only do you see spooky stuff in the fields, but the creatures actually hop up into the wagon for up-close and personal scares. The whole thing took about 40 minutes after waiting on a bit of a line and paying a pretty high price. But for my kids, it was totally worth it. Some people there had driven close to an hour because they like this place so much. And I have to say a special thanks to Michelle and Justin, who I met in line, for helping me with the boys, who were a lot more spooked than they thought they'd be! Happy Halloween!

No comments: