Monday, January 5, 2009

New Years Resolutions For Kids

The American Academy of Pediatrics recommends these healthy New year's resolutions for your children: Preschoolers:

- I will clean up my toys.
- I will brush my teeth twice a day
- I will wash my hands after going to the bathroom and before eating

Kids 5 - 12 years old:

- I will drink milk and water and not too much soda or sugary drinks
- I will put on sunscreen before I go outside to play
- I will try to ride my bike or find another activity that will get me outside and exercising
- I will always wear a helmet when bike riding
- I will wear my seat belt every time I get in a car
- I'll be nice to other kids

Kids 13 and older:

- I will eat at least one fruit and one vegetable every day
- I will spend only one or two hours a day
- at the most - on tv and video games
- I will wipe negative 'self talk' (like "I can't do it" or "I'm so dumb") out of my vocabulary
- I will resist peer pressure
- When faced with a difficult decision, I will talk with an adult about my choices.
- I will help out in my community

No comments: