Saturday, March 1, 2008

West Side Story Comes to Howell

When I was ten years old and painfully shy, my elementary school teachers decided to have the students put on a musical. It was "Oklahoma" and we all got a chance to learn the songs, read from the script, and audition.

That experience took away my shyness and introduced me to my love of performing. I am a big supporter of kids in theatre. I know there are many great local productions so if you'd like me to mention them, please send them to me.

Even though these young kids may not be ready for Broadway, the important thing is that they really believe in what they're doing and you can see it in the joy on their faces. It's inspirational and a very healthy outlet! This weekend and next at Howell High School the Drama Club presents "West Side Story" (in the top-three of my all-time favorite musicals!). Performance dates:Feb 29 and March 1March 7 and March 8 All seats $12 Reserved seating For more info:732-919-2131 or click dramaparents.com.

No comments: