Monday, January 7, 2008

P.S. I Love You Is Good

hadn't been to a movie in a couple of years, mainly because I don't want to waste my time seeing a movie unless it was a really good love story - the only kind I like. And I haven't had any of my girlfriends rave to me about a good movie in the past couple of years until now. But last week a close friend of mine told me that I must see P.S. I Love You right away.

So I went online to find out movie times and accidentally pulled up the review page. The critics were trashing the movie as contrived and somewhat silly. So I decided not to waste my time and money. But then something made me change my mind and I am so glad I did. I thought the movie was wonderful and the best love story I've seen since The Notebook. It may not be the best love story of all time, but it really was worth seeing. It's a real tearjerker. The three leading men in the film are fantastic and Hillary Swank is wonderful. I am so glad I didn't listen to a lousy critic. What's wrong with them? Are they all so snobby that they can't appreciate girls who love to see love stories? What's wrong with a tearjerker movie for girls who like that kind of stuff? I just hate the idea of a critic potentially keeping people from seeing what could be, to others, a great movie.

Also, the sweeping scenes of Ireland are amazing to see on the big screen in this film.....another good reason not to wait for it to come out on dvd. Any other great love stories you can think of that have come out in the past, say, ten years? I've heard The Lake House with Sandra and Keanu is good, but I haven't seen it. I did see The Holiday recently on dvd. It was pretty good, but I'm not a huge Cameron Diaz fan. The Wedding Planner with J-Lo and Matt Mc was cute, too. But one of my all-time favorites remains Jerry McGuire.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YOU HAVE TO WATCH "LOVE ACTUALLY"
ITS JUST A GREAT MOVIE..HUGH GRANT, COLIN FIRTH, KIERA KNIGHTLY
I CALL IT MY "THERES HOPE" MOVIE
ITS REALLY THAT GOOD.
P.S.
I THINK MOST CRITICS ARE ANGRY LITTLE MEN WITH ANGRY LITTLE #*&^s. HAHA