Friday, August 15, 2008

Potty Training Tips

I just read my umpteenth article on the experts advise for potty training. And it's the usual:

---take your kid shopping for fun underwear
---get your kid a personalized potty chair
---play musical potty chair as a game to get the kid to sit on that chair
---get the kid some new books to read on the bowl
---read your kid a children's book about the bear who finally went to the potty or whatever
---create a routine around potty time
---and the one I keep hearing over and over: set up a sticker chart.

Now......that all sounds lovely, especially if you have the PERFECT CHILD. But I have found that a sticker on a chart does SQUAT (no pun intended) to motivate my precocious little boy to use the toilet. Even poop jokes (which he LOVES) don't help.

So, if you're a mom like me who's in this predicament, I have one word for you:

Bribery.

Yeah, that's right, I'm THAT mom. And I don't care!!! It works!!!

No comments: