Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Jury Duty's Not So Bad

I got my third summons for jury duty this summer......and immediately got angry that it fell on my birthday. My second thought was 'How can I get out of this?' After all, I was able to get out of it the first two times. This time I didn't qualify for any of the excuses to get out so I made my way to the Monmouth County Courthouse and began a two week adventure that was nothing short of inspiring. I learned so much and felt like an integral part of our community. After the eye-opening experience I got from serving as a juror, I now highly recommend that the next time you get a notice to serve on a jury, you LOOK FORWARD to a great learning opportunity and a chance to help someone in need by being part of a decision that could change the future of someone's life.

No comments: